PDA

View Full Version : How would you name this variety?

sbrockmann
06-08-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm calling this a "gold pearlscale superveil angel". Anyone see anything else here, or would you name it differently?

Any indication of gender? I'm not intending to breed it, but I'm curious about the sex, if anyone sees any indication.

Do you guys still host a photo contest? Is this image worthy of your consideration?

catsma_97504
06-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Welcome to our forum!

That is a beautiful angel you have! Amazing photo! I would say female, but the only way to know for sure would be to see the papilla tube. Females are thick and blunt where males are thin and pointed. The only other thing that might be there is a single dose of blue; but can't be positive. I see hints of blue coloring in the fins....might be the photo lighting and not actually there. The only way to know for sure would be to breed her.

We do hold photo contests for our members periodically.

Danburns
07-24-2013, 12:06 AM
I would agree,,,,female. She is casting a good shadow with the belly (or just full from eating), and a clean slope to the forehead into the dorsal. And the ventrals do not seem to carry forward as much as males. just my observation, but definately breeding tube will tell for sure.

Grekky1968
10-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Very beautiful fish whatever you call it ;o)