PDA

View Full Version : Emoticons in photo album

Geek2Nurse
02-22-2014, 12:07 AM
It just hit me this is my first post on this forum, and it's about a problem on the site. I'll have to try to redeem myself later, I guess. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just uploaded some photos in the user gallery (of my mystery angel that I'm continuing to obsess over), and I used an emoticon in one of the descriptions. I noticed when it posted the emoticon was replaced by a broken link image. I thought you might want to know. :)

Ooh. I went back and edited that photo's description, and left-justified the text, and it got even wonkier. It stuck the emoticon in a different place (in the edit window, BTW, it actually shows the emoticon) -- originally it was at the end of the sentence. I don't know if I could delete it if I wanted to, as it doesn't seem to be treated like text, but I left it alone so you could see it.

catsma_97504
02-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Which photo is this on? I just looked at your 3 photos and didn't see any emoticons or smileys.

Geek2Nurse
02-22-2014, 09:12 PM
The one titled "Mystery Angel's Other Side." There's no emoticon, just a broken link symbol where the emoticon would be. And the emoticon isn't where I put it, because when I aligned the text left it moved to the beginning of the last line. :)

catsma_97504
02-22-2014, 09:21 PM
I still do not see anything wrong. There is no broken link as you had indicated. Here's what I see.....

Geek2Nurse
02-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Strange. Maybe a browser issue? I'm using Google Chrome. Here's how it looks to me:

EDIT: I just checked it in Safari, and I see the broken link icon in that browser also. Weird!

AlyeskaGirl
02-23-2014, 03:26 PM

This is what I see, Dena.

catsma_97504
02-23-2014, 04:36 PM
This must be something that is browser specific. The broken link simply needs to be removed so that it no longer displays.

Geek2Nurse
02-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Okay, I had only left it there for troubleshooting purposes. I deleted it, and manually typed a text emoticon instead, and that actually triggered the insertion of a graphic one, but it's weird-looking, like it's low-res or something.

You know, if the only problems we can find with the site are that the emoticons are funky, it's not a bad thing! ;)