PDA

View Full Version : why did my angel fry die??

Debs Angels
06-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Ok i Notice tonight i had alot of my baby fry die, On sunday they would be 1 day old, lost a lot of the pinoy ghost fry, Maybe the tem . was to high said it was 84, i forgot to turn it back to 80?? please give me any ideals so this dont happen again , Thanks ,, Debbie

catsma_97504
06-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Was this the first spawn with the given pair? Could it be the natural die out that occurs from fry having internal issues? I know some pairs I've worked with in the past would go through a high die out between 7 and 12 days free swimming.

Best of luck raising the survivors Deb.

Braebie113
06-27-2014, 12:11 PM
I noticed this happened to me all the time too but my angels are not new at laying eggs, I found out that my problem was my water was too high in TDS, so I was able to fix it and now I have babies. I also used to use the jar method and over the winter it was working great and with summer here it wasn't working anymore, so I had to change up my methods. Maybe try different ways to hatch them such as meth blue or hydrogen peroxide for fungus. Also check your hardness of your water, it makes all the difference. I hatch all my babies in 80 degrees because I found that anything higher was cooking them. Practice makes perfect. Best of luck to you sweety. You have amazing angels.