PDA

View Full Version : Bulk metronidazole & kanamycin

terrapins
08-06-2014, 04:09 AM
Time to stock up on medication once again. I'm getting 1 Kilo each of:

Metronidazole (100% uncut) and would like to split it with 3 others.

Kanamycin (100% uncut) and would like to split it with 4 others.

PRICE PER PORTION AND SHIPPING:
These portion sizes go a long, long way if used properly

Metronidazole. $28.00/0.5lb portion. Effective on flagellates such as hex-spironucleosis. Best use: doped flake food.

Kanamycin Sulfate. $56.00/0.45lb portion. Wide-spectrum Anti-biotic effective both internally and externally. I have used this as a bath and also via food.

Shipping is $5.10 per address delivered anywhere in the US.

CAN'T BEAT THESE PRICES FOLKS!

NOTE: This is a split, not a resale for profit, in case anyone wondered.

INQUIRIES - Please send me an IM in lieu of posting it on here.

.....needless to say, YES, I will use a scale (that cost me a freakin' arm and 2 legs to purchase http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif).

catsma_97504
08-06-2014, 12:01 PM
What are you packaging the drugs in? As you've indicated this is uncut, would the dosage be the same at 1/4 tsp per 20g?

terrapins
08-06-2014, 09:51 PM
It'll be vaccuum packed. Di-metronidazole is water soluble, regular metronidazole is not soluble and is best used to dope flakes. But since I have not seen di-metronidazole for a while, I'll have to inquire about the solubility of this current formulation.

terrapins
08-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Forgot to answer your question. Dosage wise - I use 350 to 400 mg / 20gal "dissolved" in acetone; no, the resulting slurry isn't toxic it evaporates very quickly. It has to be dosed every 8hrs. with a temp of 86F. You can also put it into a coffee grinder to grind it into a fine powder then emulsify in tepid water. This technique allows it to stay within the water column and not sink to the bottom as quickly. For even better efficacy, dope flakes with it in addition to the extended bath.