PDA

View Full Version : Very nice surprise!

catsma_97504
01-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Got a nice surprise last night. While doing my nightly checks and turning off the tank lights I found a pair of angels had spawned.

That mixed up lady is paired with her father, a Gibbs Blue Zebra. I say mixed up because different people think her genetics are different.

What I do know is that her mother was a Red Capped Koi, 3rd generation, from a line I cut my breeding chops on. That female bred with several males and her genetics were known to be Gm/g - S/S. Nothing unexpected. And the male Blue Zebra is Z/+ (or Z/Z) - pb/pb.

This pair has spawned before, but no fry due to tank mates eating the free swimmers when they swim through the divider. But, their last spawn had albino offspring. So, now I know the Blue Zebra carries a single albino gene and somehow his daughter also picked up the albino gene.

This line has been full of surprises every step of the way!! My Blue Zebra is a 2 striped Zebra and was thought to have been a Blue Silver until I ended up with clown offspring :) And now the appearance of albino.

Now to find a way to be able to raise these youngsters!