PDA

View Full Version : Wildcross - Black Nanay

Danburns
03-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Wild-cross Black Nanays. F1 offspring from 100% Rio Nanay X Pinoy Zebra. Lace and Zebra Lace, het for Philippine Blue. We are really looking forward to breeding these down the road.

TasV
07-22-2015, 07:38 AM
What do these look like now, Dan?

Danburns
07-22-2015, 08:56 AM
We have some standard Black Lace and Zebra Lace het blues with the Rio Nanay profile and others that can only be described as "rather unique" because of an unusual and distinct pattern that took us by surprise. Being quiet about them until F2s are produced. They are all nearing breeding age and should pair off soon. Thanks for asking!

catsma_97504
07-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Looking forward to hearing about what is going on in your tanks and seeing photos!

TasV
07-23-2015, 02:43 PM
The babies are quite striking and look like Z/S clowns! I was keen to know what they looked like as adults and to hear how they may have bred. So the parents of these were wild (so I'm assuming + pretty much all the way... no S in there anywhere????), and D/?, Z/?,pb/pb ?

Danburns
07-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Looking forward to hearing about what is going on in your tanks and seeing photos!

:cool: I've learned that it is best to not post pictures until I have all the ducks in a row, along with irrefutable evidence that can be consistently repeated in independent observations.

But I will admit that I do have some pretty interesting goings-on here in the last frontier. I've been blessed with some good luck and good fish. Wish it could have happened when I was flush with Discus. :)

Danburns
07-23-2015, 04:54 PM
The parents are pure blood Rio Nanay X Pinoy Zebra. No Stripless in the mix, so no clowns. The ones that have my attention are showing a distinct pattern that displays on both sides of the fish. I only got a group of 7 of them out of a spawn of 230 and all 7 look exactly the same. Very unusual. Just another project to work on but one with cool potential. :cool:
That is about all that I am willing to divulge at this point, but I am taking lots of photos and notes. News at 11.

catsma_97504
07-23-2015, 05:36 PM
That's great Dan! Kind of like some of my projects ;)

Mugwump
07-24-2015, 11:37 AM
The parents are pure blood Rio Nanay X Pinoy Zebra. No Stripless in the mix, so no clowns. The ones that have my attention are showing a distinct pattern that displays on both sides of the fish. I only got a group of 7 of them out of a spawn of 230 and all 7 look exactly the same. Very unusual. Just another project to work on but one with cool potential. :cool:
That is about all that I am willing to divulge at this point, but I am taking lots of photos and notes. News at 11.

*chuckle*......a wise move Dan.....hold those cards real close to your chest.....:cool:

Danburns
07-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Started playing poker around four or five years of age,,, :)

TasV
08-29-2015, 07:50 PM
I would REALLY love to see a photo of the babies in the OP as the are now http://torbwine.com/Stuff/Giffs/pretty_please.gif

Danburns
09-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Looks like I will have eggs today from the het Blue 50% Rio Nanay black lace. That will be the first confirmed pair out of a possible 3 pairs which I retained. Still no pics, sorry but that is not on my list of priorities at this time.

MikeTroxell
11-22-2015, 01:37 AM
Come on Dan. Throw us a bone and snap a few pics. :)

Danburns
11-23-2015, 09:20 AM
The fish with unusual patterns have been sold. The bulk of the fry they produced were deformed, both pairs. The buyer really loved the look of them and does not plan on breeding them. I kept the 50% wild blood standard Black, het Blue Nanays, all of which produce very nicely formed offspring. Working on 75% wild blood now.