PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Fry

rb1219
03-25-2015, 06:24 PM
So I have about 40-50 angelfish fry that are a few days old. They are free swimming and some have red bellies.I have been feeding them hikari little bites. Does anyone know if thats the food?Only about a quarter of them have the red bellies.The parents are blue and white, so I dont think its thier coloring.

Mugwump
03-26-2015, 05:02 AM
bbs is the first food of choice for angel fry.....I'm not sure about the 'little bites'....the fry won't show a lot of color at a week, but seeing their full bellies tells you the ones that are eating well, and those that are not.....

rb1219
03-27-2015, 04:14 PM
They seem fine.I still have them in the 1.5 gallon tank with an airstone and heater.When should I move them into a 10 gallon tank?Should it be cycled?

Mugwump
03-28-2015, 03:50 AM
Yes, it needs to be cycled.....I'd move them after the first week, or so, if they are all eating well.....the 10 gal should be fish ready and same temp as their 1 1/2 gal...

angelcraze
04-04-2015, 02:36 PM
How are things going now? I use those Hikari bites, especially when they are just free-swimming and very small. I mix it up with microworms and frozen BBS too. I've been told over and over that live BBS is the best, but still haven't got them ready, so the alternative it is. I've also read up on the nutritional value of microworms compared to live BBS, and they come to a close second. I think my fry do well, but I can't be sure they couldn't do better.

I move my fry to a cycled 5g as soon as they are free-swimming.