• Angelfish Genetics Calculator

The Angelfish Society is proud to provide our own genetics calculator. We encourage our members to become familiar with the recognized genetic naming conventions as our members are expected to follow these guidelines when selling and discussing angelfish.

If you should have any questions about displayed information in our genetics calculator, please notify us. We welcome questions as this is how we can improve our information and our tools provided to our membership.

Please note that if using a majority of the known loci in a cross that the calculator must determine all the possible crosses and calculate the expected percentages of each type in the offspring. This can take a few minutes to run all the calculations. Please be patient!

If asked to log in and validate your credentials when accessing the calculator please use your Membership ID and password.

Angelfish Genetics Calculator: http://calculator.theangelfishsociety.org
    Comments 12 Comments
      catsma_97504 -
      TAS Members now have their own angelfish genetics calculator. We have written our own so that we are able to manage and update it as necessary. Please use this new tool and let us know what you think.
      Geek2Nurse -
      I like it. Much simpler to enter the genes for the pair, calculates quickly, and so far more consistent/correct in producing phenotype names.
      catsma_97504 -
      That's great Geek2Nurse! Thanks for your feedback.
      DesLauriers37 -
      very nice!
      catsma_97504 -
      Thanks Wayne
      ziouxpioux -
      I am a member but when I try to access http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/f...ics-Calculator

I get this message ? Do I need to hold my nose just so?
      ziouxpioux, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
      2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
      ziouxpioux -
      I got in this morning, thank you!!!
      chefrob1027 -
      Been trying to use this for a week or more and can't get access. Asks for my credentials which i enter and then it just reboots the same credential log in. I know I'm using the correct name and password as I have to enter it every time i visit the site to even get to the calculator. Not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything but if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
      catsma_97504 -
      You need to use your membership credentials that were emailed from Membership Manager when you first became a TAS Member, not your forum credentials. If you don't know them please email our Treasurer who can look it up for you.

If, however, you are using your membership credentials, please provide screen prints showing us the behavior you are experiencing so that we can research. And, include the browser, version and anything else that may be helpful to research and resolve.
      chefrob1027 -
      Quote Originally Posted by catsma_97504 View Post
      You need to use your membership credentials that were emailed from Membership Manager when you first became a TAS Member, not your forum credentials. If you don't know them please email our Treasurer who can look it up for you.

If, however, you are using your membership credentials, please provide screen prints showing us the behavior you are experiencing so that we can research. And, include the browser, version and anything else that may be helpful to research and resolve.

After much hassle I found it to be my ad blocker. Not sure why it would create a problem but t's solved. My apologies and thank you for the quick response.
      RB Angels -
      I would love to use the TAS calculator but can't get logged in. I have tried both my forum password and the one that TAS emailed to me and it won't accept either.
      catsma_97504 -
      Quote Originally Posted by RB Angels View Post
      I would love to use the TAS calculator but can't get logged in. I have tried both my forum password and the one that TAS emailed to me and it won't accept either.
      The membership credentials emailed should access the calculator. Try to log in at http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/m...ndex(New).html. You may need to reset your password.

If you are unable to resolve it please contact our Treasurer, Leslie James, or myself.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk