Thread: 125G Silver Dollar Community

125G Silver Dollar Community

Here is a recent video of my largest tank. This tank is quit enjoyable and active. Enjoy.

Fauna: Silver Dollars, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Giant Danios, Severum, Silver Angelfish, Pictus Catfish and Rainbow Shark.

What a great tank I keep angel fish would they eat lettuce if I hang a piece on the glass do you boil it first ?
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sheila.toal.6 View Post
    What a great tank I keep angel fish would they eat lettuce if I hang a piece on the glass do you boil it first ?
    My angels and especially my plecos love the fresh veggies. The angels are hit or miss. But I'd go ahead and give it a try. If they don't eat it, remove after 24 hours. Sometimes fish do not take to new foods when first introduced. But, if you tried a couple of times I'd bet they will soon figure out it is food.

Christine , your tank is stunning as always! Man, that Sev really has grown! Can't get over how big he has gotten. Are your Silver Dollars breeding? Those males have their breeding colors going. Mine are always breeding. Too bad I don't have a tank big enough to move the school into temporarily and try to get some of their eggs.....or I could do a gravel vac when I see them spawning; but where would I put them???

Thanks Dena. No, I have never seen them spawn. I love the Severum, he is so friendly and mild mannered. I know he is big. Just think he was the size of a quarter when i got him.
    Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 02-21-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila.toal.6 View Post
    Use Romaine lettuce only, simply rinse it off then, place it raw in the tank. It does take awhile for them to accept the new food.

That severum is actually quite stunning and unusual. Very different from most sevs. It wasn't until quite recently that it was discovered that a lot of what was once imported as 'severums' were really a whole lot of different species and/or locality variations. Most don't have those distinct white bars on the sides. This is my old one I had in a 6x2x2 about 10 years ago... he, too, was huge, and more typically coloured.

Your sev is quite stunning and special!