Well, after I discovered that all the Bulgarian Green angels I received a couple of years ago carried the Philippine Blue gene it made it difficult to continue the gene study with any confidence. And I lost focus a bit while attempting to regroup and see if I couldn't find a Bulgarian Green angel that did not carry the Philippine Blue gene.

Here's a summary of where I stand at this point.

I still have my Blue Bulgarian Green pair (pb/pb bg/bg according to Raiko) and they produce a single phenotype with every spawn. So what ever they are they breed true. And the adults are VERY green today with more of a blue tone in their fins. Never can get a decent photo of them, but here are a couple of the better ones I've gotten....

The only photo I've gotten showing the amount of glitter on them. This was taken when they were starting to mature
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BulgarianGreen_300.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	387

A more recent photo taken last December. You can see how much color has developed over the past couple of years with these angels.

Name:	2016-12-04 12.24.47.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	388

I kept a few of the spawn from the DD Black Pearlscale and Manacapuru Bulgarian Green. While I now know for a fact this BG angel carried Philippine Blue my goal here was to introduce the Dark gene. But what became quite a puzzle was this generation appeared to be somewhat marbled. And I was scratching my head in confusion! I know for a fact the black angel was DD as I had bred him with other angels as well as the fact that this outcross spawn was 100% black angels. But, finally solved the mystery....they carry the Streaked gene. This is a gene I have never worked with but it is my understanding from other breeders that Streaked causes a body mottling. So, they are D/+ St/+ +/p +/pb +/bg. No marble gene.

Here is a photo of this outcross F1 generation

Name:	2016-12-06 16.36.02.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	389

One thing that surprised me was the amount of green coloring these fish show. They are +/bg and didn't really expect my coloring. But, again, it is now my understanding that Streaked is lending a hand to this development as well. These angels are now starting to mature and reproduce. I now have 2 small spawns from them. Am interested to see what the F2 generation produces with sibling pairings.

I also have acquired a couple more Manacapuru Bulgarian Green angels. One has matured and paired off with a Smokey Pinoy. This outcross is now free swimming and so far I do not see any indication of having pb/pb offspring. This is good news as I can use this BG angel to get back on track with the gene study in isolating the gene.

I have decided to create periodic videos to track my progress through this study. If you are interested in monitoring my progress, please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/catsma97504. I will also try to remember to post/share the videos here as well.