Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The sounds in the Scalar

Hay luchas en las que los dos ejemplares se separan drásticamente, tras un "cloc" de una intensidad ensordecedora emitido por uno de ellos, con lo que evidentemente logra disuadir al otro ejemplar e imponer su fuerza.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translator
    There are struggles in which the two copies are separated sharply, after a "cluck" of deafening intensity delivered by one of them, which obviously does deter the other copy and hold their own.

Last edited by Atreyu; 04-25-2013 at 12:02 PM.

La intensidad sonora alcanzada es grande y podría asegurar, casi sin lugar a dudas, que en un medio acuático se podría oir perfectamente a varias decenas de metros, poniendo con ello de manifiesto que en las proximidades hay una zona restrigida y ocupada por un ejemplar macho dispuesto a defender su territorio.

¿Pero y sus frecuencias?, la frecuencia emitida es algo más compleja, pudiendo observar en las gráficas que está compuesta primordialmente por dos picos, el primero se halla alrededor de los 200 cls, mientras que hay un segundo pico ubicado próximo a los 600 cls.

Sound intensity reached is large and could ensure, almost certainly, that in an aquatic environment could hear perfectly to several tens of meters, thereby making it clear that nearby is a RESTRICTED area and occupied by a male ready to defend their territory.

But what frequencies?, The emitted frequency is somewhat more complex, which can be seen in the graphs is composed primarily of two peaks, the first is around 200 cls, while there is a second peak located near 600 cls .

Last edited by Atreyu; 04-25-2013 at 12:02 PM.

A greeting

Good project......can you them snapping their ventrals??.....

Hola Atreyu. Me emociona no sólo leer aquí sobre tu interesante estudio respecto a los sonidos emitidos por los escalares, cuyo estudio ayudará mucho a ampliar el entendimiento de su conducta, pero también el hecho que estás logrando sobreponerte a la barrera del idioma gracias a tu muy buien uso de la tecnología que nos ofrece Google Translator. Bienvenido en nombre de todos.

Hi Atreyo. I´m excited not only to read your interesting study related to the sounds produced by angelfish, the study of which will greatly help to broaden the understanding of their behavior, but also of the fact that you have overcome the language barrier via your good use of the technology offered by Google Translator. Welcome on behalf of all of us!

Regards

Ed
    Last edited by puertoayacucho; 04-25-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    Good project......can you them snapping their ventrals??.....
    Hola Mugwump, bueno según el traductor de Google me daría como interpretación "romper" las aletas ventrales, supongo que a lo que te refieres es si los movimientos compulsivos realizados con las aletas ventrales "Tic", producen sonido.

Creo que te refieres a estos "Tic".

La verdad es que no lo he podido verificar de momento, pero en mis obervaciones no han intevenido en los sonidos esos movimientos de las aletas ventrales.

Hello Mugwump, well according to Google translator interpretation I would like to "break" the ventral fins, I guess what you mean is whether compulsive movements performed with the ventral fins "Tic" sound produced.

I think you mean these "Tic".

The truth is that I have not been able to verify at the moment, but in my OBSERVATIONS intevenido not the sounds these movements of the ventral fins.
    A greeting

puertoayacucho, gracias por la bienvenida, estoy convencido que vuestros aportes también enriquecerán mi conocimiento de los Escalares.

Me gustaría disponer de más equipos de captación de sonido, pues trabajar solo con uno hace muy larga la espera de la posible captación de más sonidos.

De momento puedo comprobar que una pareja aislada en un acuario y realizando la puesta no produce sonidos diferentes a los mencionados, incluso al no tener la presión de otro macho no producen el "Cloc".

puertoayacucho, thanks for the welcome, I am convinced that your contributions will also enrich my knowledge of the Scalar.

I would have more sound capturing equipment, as one does only work with very long waiting for the possible acquisition of more sounds.

For now I can see that a couple isolated in an aquarium and start making produces no sound other than those listed, including not having the pressure of another male does not produce the "Cloc".
    Regards

Yes, the 'tic'....I've watched Angels for hours, and hours to try and see all the different mannerisms that they have...the ventral twitching fascinates me....seems almost a 'Morse code'....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    Yes, the 'tic'....I've watched Angels for hours, and hours to try and see all the different mannerisms that they have...the ventral twitching fascinates me....seems almost a 'Morse code'....LOL
    Estoy de acuerdo contigo Mugwump, Es más si nos fijamos como bien dices durante horas y horas casi que podríamos empezar a hablar de un lenguaje corporal.

Realizé toda una serie de vídeos sobre los tipos de natación de los Escalares para Planetacuario e incluso en alguno de ellos recogía otro tipos de movimientos compulsivos en los que empleaban otras aletas.

I agree with Mugwump, if you look as you say for hours almost we could start talking about body language.

Perform a series of videos about the types of swimming for Planetacuario Scalar and even in some of them picked up other types of compulsive movements in employing other fins.
    Regards

En estos días he procedido a realizar nuevas pruebas, las grabaciones realizadas anteriormente eran con dos machos a los que se les había introducido una hembra, de ahí vinieron las disputas y la territorialidad. los sonidos "cloc" eran generados por los machos. Sin embargo se me estaba planteando una duda, las hembras ¿también producen sonidos?, pues hasta el momento ni siquiera establecida la pareja había dado ninguna muestra de hacerlo.

Hoy la prueba ha sido al contrario, a la pareja establecida le he introducido una hembra, la revolución ha sido absoluta, pero esta vez ha sido la hembra quién ha tomado la defensa del territorio y quién ha estado acosando y expulsando con sus ataques y sonidos "cloc" a la otra hembra, la actitud del macho ha sido de estar y no estar, en algún momento ha realizado alguna escaramuza, pero escasa.

Intentaré en los próximos días montar los siguientes vídeos e imágenes.

These days I have come to make new tests, the recordings were previously with two males to which they had introduced a female, hence came and territorial disputes. sounds "cluck" were generated by males. But I was asking a question, females do you also make sounds?, As so far not even established the couple had given no sign of doing so.

Today was proof the contrary, the couple set I have introduced a female, the revolution has been absolute, but this time it was the female who has taken the defense of the territory and who has been harassing and expelling their attacks and sounds "cluck" to the other female, male attitude has been to be and not be, at some point has some skirmishing, but scarce.

Try in the next days riding the following videos and images.
    Regards