Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Silver Blue Pure

Great video! Being double dose pb, I would expect the blue to start showing up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translator
    Great video! Ser pb doble dosis, yo esperaría que el azul para empezar a aparecer pronto.

Hola Catsma, gracias.

En los genes que se transmiten, aparece como característica en el Plata Azul, las manchas blancas de la cola caudal de los Platinos.

No se si esta característica se mostrará antes, pero estoy atento a su aparición.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translator
    Hello Catsma, thanks.

In genes that are transmitted in the Silver Blue characteristic appears as white spots caudal tail of Platinum.

Do not know if this feature will show before, but I am aware of your appearance.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Hola Catsma, gracias.

En los genes que se transmiten, aparece como característica en el Plata Azul, las manchas blancas de la cola caudal de los Platinos.

No se si esta característica se mostrará antes, pero estoy atento a su aparición.

Regards

Hello Atreyu, I applaud your working with the Philippine Blue genes, Ken Kennedy, the founder of this gene discovered it's existence within the Platinum Angelfish. In the beginning stages to extract this recessive gene, one is still as you know faced with the influence of the gold gene. As a breeder, I personally have done this numerous times and the gold gene will always show it's little head when you least expect it. I have used the term, "Throw Back", where original genes just appear irregardless of the common rules, such are the issues of genetics. As for phenotype, there will be times when a phenotype will actually not be what it appears. Example, my famous pair;

Pinoy Zebra/25% Rio Negro Altum Pair;
    Attachment 16

This pair carried a Gold Undertone, of which many believed were carrying a gold gene, but reality proved that was never so. Outside of an occassional throw back of their wild side, meaning a Silver or Zebra of the Wild Phenotype, all of their offspring's Phenotype was that of their parents in Lace and Zebra and occasionally a PB Silver or Zebra. This pair was breed non-stop for (4) years, in between I would pair them up to others as well. From the thousands of offsprings produced, what I mentioned above was always the outcome.

In breeding Wild Caught Scalare x Platinum, as you know the F1s will all be Het for the pb & gold genes, yet if (2) siblings are bred together, they will still be 50% Wild and 25% will express Blue. Now you breed (2) Blue siblings together and it's true their progeny of that spawn should have a more intensified Blue Color. After several years of breeding and crossing the pb gene, nothing surprises me anymore

Gracias Villa's City of Angelfish, por los comentarios y por comunicar sus experiencias en la reproducción.

La primera selección es sencilla sacar los "Gold" y los "Platinum", un poco mas difícil es diferenciar entre los "Silver blue" portadores de Gold (+/g - pb/pb) y los "Silver Blue" puros (+/+ - pb/pb).

Yo intentaré desarrollar los seleccionados para poder ver mejor sus diferencias.

Gracias Ayuntamiento de Angelfish de Villa, por los comentarios y comunicar sus experiencias en la reproducción.

La primera selección es sencillo quitar el "Gold" y "Platinum", un poco más difícil diferenciar entre los "Silver Blue" portadores de oro (+ / g - pb / pb) y "Silver Blue" puros (+ / + - pb / pb)

Trato de desarrollar los seleccionados para ver mejor sus diferencias.
    Regards

Han pasado casi dos meses desde la natación libre, durante el fin de semana he sacado a los Dorados, Platinos y Platas, dejando solo a los Platas Azules en total son 41, pues bien de estos según los cálculos deben haber unos 7 escalares Plata azul (+/+ - pb/pb), el resto (+/g - pb/pb). Así que intentaré llevarlos a los 4 meses y ver si se pueden apreciar esas diferencias.

Os dejo algunas fotos.

It has been almost two months since the free swimming, In the weekend I left only the Blue Platas are 41 in total, as well as calculations of these should be about 7 scalar Silver blue (+ / + - pb / pb) the rest (+ / g - pb / pb). So try to take them at 4 months and see if you can see those differences.

Here some photos.

Regards

Have you made any progress with your breeding project?

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translator
    ¿Ha hecho algún progreso con el proyecto de cría?

Actualizo este hilo que quedó pendiente de respuesta.
    Siento decir que mi parada en los trabajos genéticos, me ha hecho perder algunas lineas de trabajo entre ellas las de este hilo.

Google translator

I update this thread that was pending response.
    Sorry to say that my stop on genetic work, has made me lose some lines of work including this thread.

Regards

I am so sorry to hear that!