Thread: Article: Notice of Proposed Bylaws Changes - December 2013

Article: Notice of Proposed Bylaws Changes - December 2013

Regarding website changes, will there be a chronologic archive of original plus changes? Additionally, out of curiosity, is there regularly scheduled backups of all data for secure retention of the electronic information that is "the online society"?

The public notices will include both the old and new verbiage. This will document both versions.

As the website procedure is new there is nothing to show for the current version.

As for website backups, yes they are done periodically. Both at the file level and at the database level.

thank you !!

Newly Registered Guests Geek2Nurse's Avatar
    For the website changes, should there be an emergency procedure for changes that might need attention before the next regular meeting? I'm not sure what examples I could provide, but Murphy's Law pretty much guarantees it will happen. I'm just imagining a scenario where there was misinformation posted that could be misleading or harmful in some way, and the next meeting is still like 3-4 weeks away.

That would most likely fall under what the Webmaster has power to approve. But, the Webmaster does have the option to contact the Board of Directors via email if they feel the requested change is something that cannot wait. Although, I cannot imagine that ever being the case. All information is scrutinized prior to publishing.

Newly Registered Guests Geek2Nurse's Avatar
    Okay. I wasn't sure from the wording whether that was allowed, if it was more than just a typo.

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'" ~Dave Barry

Approved by Voting Poll