Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foods

Foods

Just wondering what everyone is feeding? I feed bloodworms,Flake,Beefheart,FDBW. Every once in awhile live blackworms and red wigglers.

I use flakes, pellets, live brine shrimp, fresh fruit and veggies.

I feed mostly flake. Occasionally I feed frozen bloodworms and the like the zucchini I put in the tanks for the Bristlenose cats.
    Willie

I feed pellets, flakes, frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms.

I feed pellets, flakes, frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya Wallace View Post
    I feed pellets, flakes, frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms
    Welcome to TAS Tonya!

I feed live white worms almost every day. Also flakes for extra vitamins, etc.

The worms are very easy to raise, they just eat bread. They need cool temps, so I keep them in a cooler in the basement toss in a reusable ice-pack that I swap out when I collect worms & add a little piece of bread. There are good videos on Youtube that shows how. I collect them on a piece of plastic mesh that is made for needlepoint, they crawl onto it and I just dip the mesh into a plastic cup of water. The worms rinse off & collect on the bottom & I suck the up with a turkey baster, which I also use to feed into the fish tank. My tanks are bare bottom, if not I'd use a feeding cone.

Welcome to TAS GlennR!

Why is it most people say blood worms are bad. I'm very new guys. I've had tank but 20 plus years ago. Is there any real reason that they bad

Live bloodworms often contain parasites that would infect your fish after eating them. Any dehydrated food must be hydrated before feeding to avoid digestion issues as the dried foods will soak up moisture in the gut if not done so before.