Thread: Emoticons in photo album

Newly Registered Guests Geek2Nurse's Avatar

Emoticons in photo album

It just hit me this is my first post on this forum, and it's about a problem on the site. I'll have to try to redeem myself later, I guess.

Anyway, I just uploaded some photos in the user gallery (of my mystery angel that I'm continuing to obsess over), and I used an emoticon in one of the descriptions. I noticed when it posted the emoticon was replaced by a broken link image. I thought you might want to know.

Ooh. I went back and edited that photo's description, and left-justified the text, and it got even wonkier. It stuck the emoticon in a different place (in the edit window, BTW, it actually shows the emoticon) -- originally it was at the end of the sentence. I don't know if I could delete it if I wanted to, as it doesn't seem to be treated like text, but I left it alone so you could see it.
    Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 02-22-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Merged posts

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'" ~Dave Barry

Which photo is this on? I just looked at your 3 photos and didn't see any emoticons or smileys.

The one titled "Mystery Angel's Other Side." There's no emoticon, just a broken link symbol where the emoticon would be. And the emoticon isn't where I put it, because when I aligned the text left it moved to the beginning of the last line.

I still do not see anything wrong. There is no broken link as you had indicated. Here's what I see.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geek2nurse.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	71

Strange. Maybe a browser issue? I'm using Google Chrome. Here's how it looks to me:

Name:	Screenshot 2014-02-22 22.48.04.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	72

EDIT: I just checked it in Safari, and I see the broken link icon in that browser also. Weird!
    Last edited by Geek2Nurse; 02-22-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	73

This is what I see, Dena.

This must be something that is browser specific. The broken link simply needs to be removed so that it no longer displays.

Okay, I had only left it there for troubleshooting purposes. I deleted it, and manually typed a text emoticon instead, and that actually triggered the insertion of a graphic one, but it's weird-looking, like it's low-res or something.

You know, if the only problems we can find with the site are that the emoticons are funky, it's not a bad thing!