Thread: ventral fins

ventral fins

Hey everyone Ive seen this drawing of a "male and female" angelfish floating around as a reference to sexing. While I agree with most that the the drawing is inaccurate but I wanted to ask this. Have any of yoy ever had a female with for me ventrals? Ive only ever had males grow "forks" or "branches". Females have always been smooth for me at least.

I have had many females with split ventrals. That drawing you are referring to is total garbage. I wish it would disappear, but others hang onto it like a Bible.

Oh I totally agree. Just wanted to see if anyone else had split ventral fish and what sex they were. Thx dena

Quote Originally Posted by redbluefish View Post
    Oh I totally agree. Just wanted to see if anyone else had split ventral fish and what sex they were. Thx dena
    I have both sexes with a divided ventral fins. I now only rely on breeding tubes to sex as other people have been wrong with some of my fish. A few weeks ago I bought a female from another breeder. Its a male now!

Quote Originally Posted by catsma_97504 View Post
    That drawing you are referring to is total garbage. I wish it would disappear
    +1