Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rio Nanay X Philippine Blue

Sounds very promising then! Those Clowns I recently lost were the same. Het blue and there was an obvious blue coloring on their heads, dorsals and ventrals.

Quote Originally Posted by catsma_97504 View Post
    Het blue and there was an obvious blue coloring on their heads, dorsals and ventrals.
    If this hold true for the next generation then separating the pb/+ from the +/+ might not be such a task.

A terrible picture but I prefer to not push a camera
    at these guys. One shot and walk away. I get what I get. This was kind of a 'hit and run' shot, no flash and didn't even care if the camera had time to focus.

I'm pretty
    pleased with the fin extensions on these Peruvians. Dorsal also has extensions
    that cannot be seen in the picture. It is my hope to carry this trait, along
    with others from the Peruvians, into my domestic crosses. Anywhere close and
    I'll be happy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peruvian fin extension.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	128
    Last edited by Danburns; 08-29-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Just for giggles and grins,,,,

Additional crosses with the Nanays are showing the blue iridescence in het pb. Pinoy line and Platinum Marble line crosses have both shown a discernible blue color in the crown with single dose pb/+. Nanay fry show the typical tan/brown crown color one would expect..

Pinoy X Rio Nanay (50% wild blood Black Het Blue)

Name:	Pinoy x Nanay.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	167

100% Rio Nanay

Name:	100% Wild Nanay.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	168
    Last edited by Danburns; 01-05-2015 at 05:57 AM.

I have not had time for taking pictures in a while, so I snapped a few quick ones today. These are het for blue. Quality of pictures will improve as I find time or they decide to slow down a tad.

Name:	DSC02477.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02489.jpg 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02490.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02493.jpg 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02495.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	192

Compared to the pure Nanay posted above, the het blue offspring from the cross displays good coloration. Can't wait for pb/pb out of these.
    Last edited by Danburns; 02-20-2015 at 11:00 AM. Reason: To assist speed readers

Four month old Nanay x Blue Zebra cross. F1 het Pb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildcross Nanay X Blue Zebra 4 months.jpg  

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by catsma_97504 View Post
    Very nice.
    Thank you! The flash washed out a good deal of the blue but they are coming along nicely, I think. They are requiring much more area per fish than usual. A 75 gallon will only hold 6 to 7 at this size without chaos erupting and fin pieces falling. That is something I will need to work on,,,

Het Blue 6 months. Male of pair laying eggs today. Count down to next generation Blue Nanays.

Name:	Nanay Cross.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	225

Love that blue coloring you are getting! Best of luck with the next generation and developing this line Dan.