Thread: California Earthquake

California Earthquake

Just thinking about those affected by the earthquake over the weekend. Hope everyone is safe and the damages are minimal.

TAS Member
    I live 41 miles from Napa.

About 3:20AM my dog started barking and just wouldn't quiet down. Knowing we have people that you would not invite in to your home walking the streets at all hours and that help themselves to anything they might want from your yard or garden, I decided to get up and look. Before I could turn the corner in the hallway I could see a bright flash of light coming down the hall.

When I get to the front windows I could see nothing out of the ordinary except my wind chime that was swinging left to right. The wind was blowing so I thought nothing of it and went back to bed.

It was the next morning when my wife mentioned Napa had a huge earthquake. No damage here.

So glad to hear you were not affected. Your dog sensed the earthquake. I have heard of several occasions where animals acted oddly before an earthquake as well as barking and getting their owner to go outside.

The damaged buildings they are showing on the news are shocking. A few look like they shouldn't be standing.