Thread: New angelfish with missing feeler

New angelfish with missing feeler

I just picked up some large angels from someone local yesterday and I noticed when I got them into my tank that one of them has a broken feeler (if that's what you call them). I don't know if that happened while I was netting them or if it had that issue before I got him. It's broken off at about a half inch from it's body. Will that grow back? Also, do I need to do anything for it? He seems fine, doesn't show any signs of stress. In fact, they've all settled in remarkably well. I just want to know if I need to take special steps to care for this guy or if just keeping up with my regular water change and cleaning schedule is enough. I do about 40-50% water changes weekly.

From your description it sounds like one of the ventral fins were broken. As there remains an inch piece it will grow back. The new one may not be as long or it may be shaped differently. Just keep the fish in clean water, no more than 20ppm NO3, feed high quality foods as well as adding garlic to help boost health.

Ok, I'm feeding nls right now. I can soak it in garlic guard too

Sounds good.