Thread: Do 3 make a party?

TAS Member

Smile Do 3 make a party?

This morning was change the HOB (hang on back) filters morning. Did a few other odds and ends in the fishroom. Late morning I was out in the dahlia garden tying up some of the plants that were spreading out to far. By noon I was pooped. Had lunch and then laid down for a nap.

Now it is the middle of the afternoon and I did a check in the fish room. Wow, my pinoy pair was just finishing a spawning project. lol I like the way that sounds. When I look in the 75 gal young breeders in the making tank, I see most of the fish on one side of the tank. One the other side of the tank was a slate with eggs on it. I stood and watched what was going on. The tank had 3 normal finned blue marbles around the slate. One was laying eggs and the other 2 were keeping the neighbors at bay. The two defenders would each take a turn going up the slate.

I have read about two females laying eggs together but never a
    Ménage à trois with just one female.

Has anyone seen this type of partying before?

yep....occasionally I'll get one like that....had one a while back with three different phenotypes doing the deed....LOL
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php

TAS Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    yep....occasionally I'll get one like that....had one a while back with three different phenotypes doing the deed....LOL
    Did you keep the spawn?

No, it got eaten on the second day......
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

I too have experienced this. My trio was inseparable and all three would guard the eggs. Strangest thing ever!

Angels can be very prolific when well cared for. Group spawnings are a good indication of such care.

TAS Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danburns View Post
    Angels can be very prolific when well cared for. Group spawnings are a good indication of such care.
    Thank you Danburns. I need that lift.

About 2 weeks ago now I took some of my beautiful blue marbles (around 20) to a LFS and just gave them the fish. The following week I was back at the store and was told evedry fish had died a couple of hours after it was released. I was angry to say the least. One store employee stated my fish were sick that is why they all died and all the other fish in the tank died also.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateplaty View Post
    Thank you Danburns. I need that lift.

About 2 weeks ago now I took some of my beautiful blue marbles (around 20) to a LFS and just gave them the fish. The following week I was back at the store and was told evedry fish had died a couple of hours after it was released. I was angry to say the least. One store employee stated my fish were sick that is why they all died and all the other fish in the tank died also.
    Sounds more like someone took em all home.....I've dropped off fish and checked back later in the day to find them gone...poof.....found out later that an employee scarfed em all up.....watched to see if any ads in the area selling them, but none that I could find...turns out he shipped most of them to his cousin in Indiana.....LOL
    Jon
    - Douglas Adams

Wow they must have been really nice I would be up set also