Thread: Canister Filter

TAS Member

Canister Filter

Am looking for a good canister filter that is economical and has a good flow rate. Any recommendations?

I don't know how readily available they are in the States, but personally I like the Eheim Classic range. very basic, pretty much the same filter they were selling thirty odd years ago, but very, very reliable. I'm running one which is about 25 years old, still running as well as the day I brought it home. It may be on it's 3rd or 4th impellor, but otherwise it's the original filter.
    That's another reason I like Eheim, I can't think of any other brand where you can still buy spare parts for a 25 year old pump/filter. - again that's here in the UK, don't know what availability is like in the USA.
    Blessed are the cheesemakers!

+1 on the Eheim filters. Very dependable and among the best made. Kensfish.com carries them.

TAS Member
    Rob and Dan thank you so much. I will pass this info on to my son.

Bought him a 55gal tank 20 some years ago. It was used then stood empty on the north side of my California home for a good 10 years. Put it back in use years ago then replaced a year ago with a 75 gal tank. Now the tank sits under the awning on the back patio. My son wants to put it to use in his apartment but I am thinking of trashing this tank and buying him a new 75 gal.

This will be a nice surprise. He wants angels in it Christmas Day.