Thread: Caution - Children at Play

Caution - Children at Play

Heading to the park,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caution - Children at play.jpg  

Awesome photo of the twins!! Where was mom, those mommas sure can be testy!!! Love dem Meese!!

Mom was right behind, watching closely. She gave birth to the twins in our back yard a few days before the picture was taken. She has been a regular visitor to our home for several years now.

I hope you realize how fortunate you are? I am in Florida now but live over 40 years in Wy and have been wilderness camping in the Upper Hoeback region where a momma moose would enter our camp during the night snooping around. I played tag with her during the day, peeking at her then when she would come investigate I would duck behind a different tree. Once I had the opportunity to see a momma with twins, the photo I took turned out lousy but I forever will remember then. Such magnificent beasts that are under appreciated because they are rather plodding looking.

I agree, I am indeed fortunate to live in such a place. Alaska and Moose have a lot in common,,,,big, majestic, wild and a little unpredictable at times. I love them both!

How difficult is it for you to get nice angels up in Alaska?

Not difficult at all, just more expensive due to shipping distance and expedited service. Not a real issue for me, as with most things here on the edge of civilization one expects to pay more for just about everything. Even the Subway $5 foot-long is $6.