Thread: Wigglers got terribly chilled

Wigglers got terribly chilled

My Platinum Pearlscale wigglers were not getting up on schedule, I thot what the heck!! Checked the water temp and it had dropped to 76, the heater was failing, so now I have another in there and it is set to 82, I hope the drastic cold has not totally ruined the hatch. sigh.

Meanwhile I checked them with hand held magnifier and their egg sacks are gone. Even tho they are not up and swarming, I thot they need some food, so I put fresh bbs in for them. I am keeping my fingers crossed and checking them often.

For some reason, Plat pearl scale fry can be dicey...belly sliders and ventral issues are not uncommon..
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    For some reason, Plat pearl scale fry can be dicey...belly sliders and ventral issues are not uncommon..
    I have found them to be quite challenging to raise that is for sure. Even with perfect temps. I thot it was just me.
    I sure have been having to cull heavily for those I do get up. I am glad you told me, now I don't feel so inadequate.

I am raising a beautiful male Albino Silver, and was hoping to cross him with a Plat Pearlscale, looking for albino Pearlscale. Right now I get the nagging feeling - woe to me they will be harder yet to get up with their own set of problems. ???