Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: various fin types

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    No need to give advice when selling on Aquabid. Post pics of the fish and let folkd decide for themselves if they're what turns them on.

I'm very fond of my LFS. We are good to one another and they do a decent job with their fish. IMO it's better to get a few bucks from them than have to slap good fish I have no use for on the concrete.
    Nah, I want to be up front about fish and hopefully I can also help beginners. I am still learning (life is a learning process that never ends)and I appreciate any information people want to share.

I do have a couple Birchir who get my early on small culls, so at least I feel they are not wasted. I agree, I hate slapping fish down too but it is the fastest way if it needs to be done. I am in Florida and there is very little here in the way of good LFS. Not even good fish clubs close enough that I could attend and participate in fish auctions. sigh. I do like the owners of the one LFS but they are just tooo big and think. They have their moments.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm in southeast Missississipi. I envy the folks up north who have swaps. What a joy it must be to sell at an event where folks show up just to buy fish. I can't imagine...

When I sell on Aquabid I post a pic of the fish and tell the basics about them. I most certainly would not shoot myself in the foot by telling them something that they might not understand and would turn them off to what struck their fancy. If they have questions I answer honestly and offer more info. They almost always ask questions of me. A relationsihip of sorts is established that way. After that either they buy or they don't.

You have a good eye and I would prefer that you not shoot yourself in the foot, but do as you choose.

"You have a good eye and I would prefer that you not shoot yourself in the foot, but do as you choose.[/QUOTE]

That is me then, guess I shoot myself in the foot. The way I look at it, my angels, the few I have had to sell, have brought some nice prices, and I have great reviews. I prefer, what with it costs for buy and shipping, that folks are aware of what they are paying for.

I am always upfront with what ever I do. And I do not want to discourage folks from ending up with something they have plans for that, just might not be a wise decision thus, discouraging newbys to the hobby before, they get some positive experiences.

Thus if will make possibly good breeders, or just beautiful healthy animals - I let them know.