Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clown wi-fi pinoy Male

Sure thing. What I do with spawns that have weaker fry is to separate them out as soon as possible and give them their own grow-out tank. Double dark blacks, albinos, really any genotype that experiences slower growth will benefit from separation from their stronger siblings early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Danburns View Post
    Sure thing. What I do with spawns that have weaker fry is to separate them out as soon as possible and give them their own grow-out tank. Double dark blacks, albinos, really any genotype that experiences slower growth will benefit from separation from their stronger siblings early on.
    Makes sense. Why did I not think of that? It is so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ziouxpioux View Post
    Makes sense. Why did I not think of that? It is so obvious.
    You can also bump up the temp a bit in the "intensive care" tank to raise the metabolism of the little guys. I have found 84 to 86 degrees to be beneficial for a week or two. It helps them to catch up to, or maybe even surpass, their larger siblings. Be careful to maintain pristine conditions, 86 degrees is also very beneficial to bacterial explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Danburns View Post
    You can also bump up the temp a bit in the "intensive care" tank to raise the metabolism of the little guys. I have found 84 to 86 degrees to be beneficial for a week or two. It helps them to catch up to, or maybe even surpass, their larger siblings. Be careful to maintain pristine conditions, 86 degrees is also very beneficial to bacterial explosions.
    Ok, I hatch and raise wigglers at 82, I was not sure about going any higher as that is particularly warm. But - thanx - I will do that. I do the water exchanges with a drip system so as not to shock their little bodies and it works out very well and is gentle for them.