Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clown wi-fi pinoy Male

Clown wi-fi pinoy Male

When the light hits him just right he has beautiful blue highlights on his body and fins. Gorgeous Fish. I have a female that goes with him quite nicely. They should produce some excellent fry!

and then I have this amazing Albino Silver, am in love with his fins, who I am pairing up with a Platinum Pearlscale, All my Albino Silvers grew up to be males. Tain't that the way it goes some days. I had 5.

A great Pinoy under the right lighting can be a real eye catcher. To see the blue popping out in contrast to a deep black background, I think is very striking. I hope they spawn soon for you.

Here is a recent video of the pair.

Nice! Great blue in them for sure. Is there a half-black gene in the mix, maybe just my imagination? In any case, I bet they will throw some nice offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Danburns View Post
    Nice! Great blue in them for sure. Is there a half-black gene in the mix, maybe just my imagination? In any case, I bet they will throw some nice offspring.
    I have no idea their genetics, They just showed up in a hatch of River 11's, and I did not ask as I really like them. He said these have not been proven so ------ kinda fun!!!!

Kinda does look like some HB working in there, doesn't it?...remember tho, pairing two Pinoys can be produce some weaker spawns upon occasion....
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php

I agree, it is fun to occasionally pair up some unproven fish just to see what they throw. Some great surprises can pop up unexpectedly. Nothing is for certain, of course, but coming from Mike the Pinoy pairing may have good odds at producing strong D/D offspring. He has a great reputation for producing high quality fish. Like Jon said though, sometimes they can be weaker and may need a little help early on. You chose your source well.

Well, I kinda run in dubious company though. http://www.lotsoffish.net/ (Pete and my website.)
    My Koi come from Bierbower. As well, as the Albino Silvers. Plus, Mike was a guest author for me on one of the pages.
    And the Platinum Pearl-scales Pete scored for me in Pennsylvania.
    I have been very fortunate,

I agree, it is fun to occasionally pair up some unproven fish just to see what they throw. Some great surprises can pop up unexpectedly. Nothing is for certain, of course, but coming from Mike the Pinoy pairing may have good odds at producing strong D/D offspring. He has a great reputation for producing high quality fish. Like Jon said though, sometimes they can be weaker and may need a little help early on. You chose your source well.
    Righto...not only the D/D being a factor..but throw in the PB... D/D pb/pb....Mike has great stock tho....so they could be some real lookers, if they do fine....

Pete?...dubious........naw......one of the best out there....crazy too...he he
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php

Like Jon said though, sometimes they can be weaker and may need a little help early on. You chose your source well.
    Dan can you or Jon elaborate just how to give the weaker ones a little help early on. When I read that, I envision Physical Therapy and see a fish lifting weights. Besides daily water exchanges, plenty of live food, gentle circulation of the water what else can be done?