Thread: Cant get fry.

Cant get fry.

I have posted on here many times and wanted to explain my setup just in case someone has any ideas for me.I have 4 20 gallon tall tanks with 4 breeding pairs in each tank.The tanks are located downstairs in my house in a bedroom where I watch tv at night and am in and out of during the day and night.All four pairs lay eggs every 9-14 days an I just cant seem to get any fry.The closest I came was a couple of weeks ago,I had about 25-30 fry free swimming with the parents, then about 5, then gone.What can I change?Temp is 80-81, water conditions are good. I try to leave them alone with the eggs in there.Im confident that it will happen, but getting frustrated.I dont want to pull the eggs.Any advice I get here is good advice and very appreciated.

You want the parents to raise fry - then one pair per tank. That is if you meant to say 4 pairs in each tank. It is that simple. Your tanks are way to crowded even without wanting fry.

Or do you mean one pair per tank counting up to 4 pair? If one pair per tank, then it is a matter of the fish learning and it can take a few tries for them to get it right. Some pairs never get it right.

30 Gal tanks would actually be better. But 20 tall will work.

Sorry..one breeding pair in each tank.