Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildcross - Black Nanay

Wildcross - Black Nanay

Wild-cross Black Nanays. F1 offspring from 100% Rio Nanay X Pinoy Zebra. Lace and Zebra Lace, het for Philippine Blue. We are really looking forward to breeding these down the road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Nanay2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	202

What do these look like now, Dan?

We have some standard Black Lace and Zebra Lace het blues with the Rio Nanay profile and others that can only be described as "rather unique" because of an unusual and distinct pattern that took us by surprise. Being quiet about them until F2s are produced. They are all nearing breeding age and should pair off soon. Thanks for asking!

Looking forward to hearing about what is going on in your tanks and seeing photos!

The babies are quite striking and look like Z/S clowns! I was keen to know what they looked like as adults and to hear how they may have bred. So the parents of these were wild (so I'm assuming + pretty much all the way... no S in there anywhere????), and D/?, Z/?,pb/pb ?

Quote Originally Posted by catsma_97504 View Post
    Looking forward to hearing about what is going on in your tanks and seeing photos!
    I've learned that it is best to not post pictures until I have all the ducks in a row, along with irrefutable evidence that can be consistently repeated in independent observations.

But I will admit that I do have some pretty interesting goings-on here in the last frontier. I've been blessed with some good luck and good fish. Wish it could have happened when I was flush with Discus.

The parents are pure blood Rio Nanay X Pinoy Zebra. No Stripless in the mix, so no clowns. The ones that have my attention are showing a distinct pattern that displays on both sides of the fish. I only got a group of 7 of them out of a spawn of 230 and all 7 look exactly the same. Very unusual. Just another project to work on but one with cool potential.
    That is about all that I am willing to divulge at this point, but I am taking lots of photos and notes. News at 11.
    Last edited by Danburns; 07-23-2015 at 04:58 PM.

That's great Dan! Kind of like some of my projects

Quote Originally Posted by Danburns View Post
    The parents are pure blood Rio Nanay X Pinoy Zebra. No Stripless in the mix, so no clowns. The ones that have my attention are showing a distinct pattern that displays on both sides of the fish. I only got a group of 7 of them out of a spawn of 230 and all 7 look exactly the same. Very unusual. Just another project to work on but one with cool potential.
    That is about all that I am willing to divulge at this point, but I am taking lots of photos and notes. News at 11.
    *chuckle*......a wise move Dan.....hold those cards real close to your chest.....
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php

Started playing poker around four or five years of age,,,