Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Brine Shrimp

I use a plastic coffee filter to strain and rinse the BBS before feeding. Also, with so few fry I found it helps to touch the BBS with the tip of the turkey baster. In fact I do this with my spawns the first couple of days. And what adheres to the baster plastic is all I feed to....until the are larger of course. It is always best to under feed as you can easily add another small bit of food.

This is what I now use for a hatchery.
    http://store.everythingaquatic.net/b...hatchery-p-155

Works great and helps to separate the egg shells from the napuli.

Another option for feeding (I'm terrible with a turkey baster) are these 1 ml plastic pipettes. I also use them for handling wigglers. They give me great control in both uses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pipette.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	205

Quote Originally Posted by Danburns View Post
    Another option for feeding (I'm terrible with a turkey baster) are these 1 ml plastic pipettes. I also use them for handling wigglers. They give me great control in both uses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pipette.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	205
    Yes, I found those to be of great value for cleaning up debri. I also learned when placing sucked up water and gunk to do so in a smallish container because sometimes I would get a small fry sucked up too. Then I could just suck that baby up on it's own and put it back into the tank. I have no idea how many fry I tossed before I realized that.