Thread: New genetics

New genetics

Hey everyone just joined and just purchased my first new pairs. I have been keeping fish for 43 years on and off. When I left fresh water for the newest fad, mini reefs, the only thing new in Angels was the Koi. We had marble, gold, half blacks, black lace etc but I need a refresher on genetics and to learn the new pb gene. Also the wifi, it did not exist either. Thanks and I know this is a total noob question, but I have just purchased my first two pair of proven breeder and want to get back in a big way. I am finally getting the fish room I have dreamed of since I was 7. Any advice and info would be appreciated or a link to some good articles. Tank on!
    Last edited by SeraphimAngels; 04-20-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: omision

Welcome SeraphimAngels!

Dive into genetics by reading the files in our Angelfish Genetics section of our Library. Just click the Library tab at the top.

The Genetics Calculator is a great tool once you have basic gene comprehension. It is found at http://calculator.theangelfishsociety.org. It requires your Membership profile ID (typically your email) and password. This information would/will be emailed once our Treasurer processes your new membership.

Glad to have you with us!