Thread: Cant get Angels to spawn

Cant get Angels to spawn

My Angels were spawning every couple of weeks like clockwork, and now I havent seen any in almost 2 months.I have done water changes,tried frozen blood worms, increased the temp.Is there anything else I can try?

When I want my pairs to breed I do daily water changes, about 20%. And fill the tank with cooler water. Overall the temp in the tank will drop about 5 degrees. Works fast on well conditioned pairs. 3 days tops and my pairs are spawning.

As it has been a couple of months have you ruled out disease, compatibility and age as factors? Are you feeding them a balanced diet? Angels are omnivore and need more than just protein in their diet.

Hope you figure it out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by catsma_97504 View Post
    When I want my pairs to breed I do daily water changes, about 20%. And fill the tank with cooler water. Overall the temp in the tank will drop about 5 degrees. Works fast on well conditioned pairs. 3 days tops and my pairs are spawning.

As it has been a couple of months have you ruled out disease, compatibility and age as factors? Are you feeding them a balanced diet? Angels are omnivore and need more than just protein in their diet.

Hope you figure it out soon.
    Interesante la bajada de 5 grados, si bien yo practico los cambios de agua lo hago a la misma temperatura aproximadamente.

También suelo usar en la reproducción complejos vitamínicos.
    Y les doy alimento vivo.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Interesting down 5 degrees, although I do the water changes I do approximately the same temperature.

I also often use vitamin supplements in reproduction.
    And I give them live food.

I feed them mostly flake food and every few days frozen brine shrimp and/or blood worms.What else should I be feeding them?

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Interesante la bajada de 5 grados, si bien yo practico los cambios de agua lo hago a la misma temperatura aproximadamente.

También suelo usar en la reproducción complejos vitamínicos.
    Y les doy alimento vivo.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Interesting down 5 degrees, although I do the water changes I do approximately the same temperature.

I also often use vitamin supplements in reproduction.
    And I give them live food.
    When I want to get a pair to spawn that is overdue I have great luck with the daily water changes and filling with cooler temps. Most of the time they are spawning in 48 hours or less, but occasionally I need to do the third water change and end up with a spawn. Of course this can only work when the adults are well conditioned and are mature enough for spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translator
    Cuando quiero conseguir un par para desovar es vencido Tengo mucha suerte con los cambios de agua diarios y llenando con temperaturas más frescas. La mayoría de las veces son de desove en 48 horas o menos , pero de vez en cuando tengo que hacer el tercer cambio de agua y terminar con un engendro . Por supuesto, esto sólo puede funcionar cuando los adultos están bien acondicionados y son lo suficientemente maduros para el desove .
    Quote Originally Posted by rb1219 View Post
    I feed them mostly flake food and every few days frozen brine shrimp and/or blood worms.What else should I be feeding them?
    I feed my adults a blend of flakes I make as the staple food, but also add pellets, wafers, sometimes fresh foods and also add Repashy Spawn & Grow. Most of my breeders do great with just flakes and Repashy, but some prefer the wider variety of foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translator
    Doy de comer mis adultos una mezcla de copos que hago como el alimento básico, sino también añadir pellets, obleas , a veces los alimentos frescos y también añadir Repashy freza y crecer. La mayoría de mis criadores lo hacen muy bien con sólo escamas y Repashy , pero algunos prefieren la variedad más amplia de alimentos .

If I might offer an additional option, one could skip water changes for a week or two while slowly lowering the water level over the same period. After having done this make a partial water change and top off the tank with cooler AND softer water. A few gallons of distilled water mixed in with regular tap will lower the hardness, much the same as rainwater would do, mimicking the conditions that occur in the wild. Closely monitor pH in this so as to not shift drastically.
    Last edited by Danburns; 05-13-2015 at 07:03 PM.

I'm going to try the water changes and repashy spawn and grow.Thank you
    Any idea the best place to buy it?I know there is a member on here that has a website.

I think Dena (catsma_97504) sells the Repashy foods.

Some pairs go into spawning hiatus and it's rarely a short period. How old are they? Give them a couple of months together after which if it continues, force pair them with other partners.

Thank you Dan. Yes, I sell Repashy foods. Here is a link to my website showing the options: http://store.everythingaquatic.net/r...uperfoods-c-1/. For conditioning or for feeding tiny fry I recommend the Spawn & Grow as it is a high protein, high fat food it should not be used as a staple food long term.

If you would like to order, you can create an account on my website and order at your convenience; or can PM your email address along with your name and shipping information. I will figure out the total charges, including shipping and send an invoice through PayPal.