Thread: Panda Ghost genetics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TasV View Post
    Gm/+ makes a bit of sense given the 2007 phenotype library here states that the co-dominance of gm and + will often result in the stripes showing through.....
    Bingo! The confusion is because of the premise - that the pair pictured at: http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/p...-ghost&cat=510 are Goldmarbles. They're not; what they are are Silver Goldmarbles. Paired together, and assuming that they DO have a single copy each of the stripeless gene ("assuming" since the presence of striations are not a fool proof stripeless or double stripeless identifier) will not produce Goldmarble Blushings (Orange Kois) but instead, their offspring will be Silver Goldmarble Blushings, commonly known as "Blue" Kois or more formally - Blushing Goldmarbles whose genetic coding is Gm/+ - S/S.

Quote Originally Posted by catsma_97504 View Post
    I didn't see your photo last night? But I would think those are Platinum Marbles. Gm/g pb/pb
    I think you meant to write Platinum Goldmarbles.

Having images of different phenotypes is leading to some confusion with this conversation.....
    Though I am not vehemently opposed to re-using an existing descriptive in a phenotypic name, those that decide to do so MUST include the specific genotype since like-phenotypes can be produced by more than 1 genotype in many cases. For example: Paraiba Kois, Blushing Goldmarble Pandas, Paraiba Sunsets or in the case of the picture above, Goldmarble Platinum Panda.

......... This in fact was the key reason our founders began The Angelfish Society.
    Amen to that, Dena!
    Last edited by terrapins; 08-11-2015 at 10:38 AM.