Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulgarian Green Variations

Very finally Fins :-

Mugwump asked

I've noticed that many of the bg, and especially the seal points, acquire the swept back, hooked?, what stage does this develop ?...
    I have seen a certain amount of these, but haven't done a specific count, however the photos in the previous post hopefully show that the majority of these fish haven't developed the trait. Also, many of the fish that did develop it weren't Bulgarian Greens, so I'm inclined to suspect that it's not a trait specifically linked to or caused by the gene.
    Blessed are the cheesemakers!

Thanks for the reply.....
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

A new batch....

Father is about a year old from the previous documented batch.
    mother is the sister of his mother.

At this stage I'm guessing that father is D/(Gm or possibly +) - (S or +)/+ - Sm/+ - pb/pb - bg/bg
    Mother is D/+ - S/+ - pb/pb - +/bg

If all goes to plan, and they only went free swimming this morning, I should have a clearer idea of their parent's genetics in a couple of months.

Parent's are doing a good job, and the babies are growing well....

Another week and the tank was starting to look rather crowded, so although the parents were still doing a good job, I thought it best to remove them today, but not before I took these photos...

As you can see the babies are growing well, but sadly there's no sign of any blushing ones, so Dad obviously doesn't carry a stripeless gene.

As usual, your shots are cozy and vivid.