Thread: Looking for some German Blue Blusher Angels!!

Looking for some German Blue Blusher Angels!!

Does anyone have any idea where I could find some of these? I had some about 10 years ago and they were very nice. I have been checking a lot of websites but have not found any. Does anyone remember this strain??

Thanks

Keith

I haven't had german blues since the late 80's. I think the genes are D/+ s/s only and I'm sure there are people who have that gene type in their breeding stock. The german blues I had in the late 80's didn't look like some of the other german blues I've seen though. Mine really did have a blue hue to them that wasn't like the pb/pb blues you see today. The guy I got them from said he got them from someone in Germany. He couldn't get them to spawn and I couldn't either, but they were very beautiful.

D/+ S/S is a "turq".....blushing is simply +/+ S/S.......same as a 'German' blue...
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php

I just sold a bunch. Sorry.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    D/+ S/S is a "turq".....blushing is simply +/+ S/S.......same as a 'German' blue...
    ....which conflicts with Norton's blue blushing which has D in its makeup. I've been wondering where/how/why/when that got renamed into "turquoise." Since we use her work as basis for TAS, we should either footnote that difference, give it some history or revert back to her original "blue." That way we don't get anyone confused. Below are a set of pics that I put together of my fish when someone requested a "how to make a blue Koi" on TAF2. Rows 3 and 4 show blue blushings; row 2 shows a regular "red" blushing - which is a brown fish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOW TO MAKE A BLUE KOI. FINAL final 070514.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	221
    Last edited by terrapins; 05-24-2015 at 04:04 AM.

german blues

Quote Originally Posted by keith_cny View Post
    Does anyone have any idea where I could find some of these? I had some about 10 years ago and they were very nice. I have been checking a lot of websites but have not found any. Does anyone remember this strain??

Thanks

Keith

I have German blues but I live in Trinidad and Tobago... Guppy_18@hotmail.com is my e mail address..you could e mail me an I would send you pics.