Thread: Hey all :-)

Hey all :-)

Hi all, new to the forum.

My story.
    I went to a local cichlid club auction the other day. I had no plans to buy Angelfish but I saw a bag with the prettiest pair of angels in it. It was labled "pair of large smokey blue pearlscale angelfish".
    Wow! They were gorgeous. I immediately told my wife that we should focus on winning those for our 100 gal planted show tank.

We waited for awhile and I noticed them getting a lot of attention so I decided to pay the $2 fee to have them placed at the front of the auction line for bidding.

So up they go and in my head I was thinking there was no way they would go for more than $40. So that's the limit I set in my mind for them.
    So I left my hand up as the auctioneer went back and forth between about half dozen of us.

$20 quickly became $30 and so forth. I notice this young woman wasn't even hesitating as it passed my $40 and so on so I put my hand down :-(
    She ended up getting them for$58. I don't have any idea if that's crazy or a deal etc.. But now I'm here to learn more before the next auction on the 20th.

I want to be ready. Hopefully I can find a breeding pair of special angels next time around :-)

Not that I'm in the hobby to make money but it would be cool to breed some that a different than what's currently available around here.

Thanks for reading.

Great to have you with us! Quality angelfish can get very expensive, especially if you are going after newer to the hobby genes.

Welcome. It add to what Dino stated, if they were a proven pair that was actually a great price for them. To gain a good idea of the varying costs you might want to look at what is for sale on auction sites such as AquaBid.