Thread: Urgent advice needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Urgent advice needed

okay.. so I ordered a bunch of the beautiful "fry" from Angelmania.net. they came in fine I house them in a 40 gal....10 fish to be precise. Now I'm in a bind because I purchased a breathtaking Pinoy Blue clown to, hopefully, pair with my female of the Pinoy blue. Now this is where it gets tricky. I had a tank set up for his arrival (My Hospital) to quarantine. But this morning I noticed a white film on one of my pre breeder Black veil's. I immediately put him in the hospital tank with out a second thought as i house 7 other's in that tank I'm hoping to get a couple pairs out of. So today I got work that the new Blue male is awaiting my pick up at the post office. My dilemma starts here.... I have no immediate solution to housing him. The forst thing that came to mind was splitting the fry tank per a divider as the fry were just added yesterday morning. Is this acceptable in my position? I have many 5 gallon buckets and extra sponge filters i could use to house him for the short term I just don't want to cause any problems with my newly arrived batch of fry, nor do I want any issues with my male. Help would be greatly appreciated as I'm leaving work in an hour to go pick him up. Please help....

As this is a new fish you need to isolate in case disease pops up from the stress of shipping.

Not sure if it is in the cards for you but the $1 per gallon tank sale is running all month

Taken care of, grabbed a couple 55's and stand. The problem I have now is how to successfully use the bottom tank as a grow out tank. There isn't more than a few inches clearance. Take a look and let me know what you think is possible with this

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You can build a wood stand cheap.....or grab another 55 stand, and put a couple smaller tanks on the bottom....(2) 20's...??...couple 10's....
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php

Agreed. With no clearance between the tanks you'd never be able to maintain the lower tank. Need shorter tanks on the bottom rack.

Ended up putting a 20 and 36 bow front down there. A breeding pair of DD veils and another pair of the like I'm hoping take..

Wouldn't fit in the fish house so it's in my dining room now... Lol much to my wife's dismay

Quote Originally Posted by chefrob1027 View Post
    Wouldn't fit in the fish house so it's in my dining room now... Lol much to my wife's dismay

+1............"i can make it fit"
    Jon
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php